My name is Jacob Paul Revere and I will be your celebrity writer for this lovely blog posting. I have never had any interest in “doing” a blog, but since my lovely wife-to-be has encouraged me; I am sitting here writing to you all.
The wonderful engagement story is something that every single woman in America dreams, wishes, and fantasies about upon birth. Think I am exaggerating, just talk to Shana! The goal behind me writing to the extensive amount of followers is to simply provide a different perspective on the wonderful and amazing day that Shana said YES! It all began one day back in January of 2011 when I realized that Shana was the one that was meant for me. At that time, she had given me so much and been an integral part of my life. I realized that I didn’t want to spend another day without her. She was the other half of me that I didn’t know I needed (yes Sha I said need!! Haha inside joke). I began on January 17, 2011 to write in a journal where I could funnel all of my thoughts and aspirations into a place that Shana would not be able to see or hear. And so began the proposal journey.
I had spent many days thinking about the how and when and where and why, but I didn’t have any true direction until the wonderful Groupon email was sent to me. The Hot Air Balloon Corp. got my business and that is where I started the foundation of the proposal plans. I knew that I needed to schedule the hot air balloon ride at a time that would allow other activities afterward, because I was defiantly not going to have the day be like a re-run of the Bachelorette where Jason gets in a hot air balloon, gets on a knee and asks some random chick named Moniqua to marry him, even though he has been cheated on the whole 32 days he has known her. Anyway, I began planning for after the balloon ride which is when I involved the lovely friend, Lauren, into the plan. She was brought in to tie-up loose ends, as well as help out with some other thoughts. So, here is what I came up with…
- Hot Air Balloon Ride: 8 am – 11:30 am
- Alternative: ???
- Indy Zoo:
- Alternative: Children’s Museum
- Picnic at Park: 4 pm – 8 pm
- Alternative: Any park in the greater Indy area
THE ACTUAL EVENTS:
- Hot Air Balloon ride was cancelled
- Parked car to watch sun rise
- Car battery died
- Called Uncle Bud and Aunt Sheri for a jump and went with them to breakfast
- Went to Indy Zoo (no problems…great weather)
- Lauren successfully dropped off the warmed food and placed it in the trunk of my car
- Went to park and found the entire Indy Mexican population having a fiesta (250 people total)
- Went to other park (thank you Lauren) ate dinner, dessert, shared the journal, and asked the women of my dreams to marry me.
- Tears of joy, the word “Yes, of course” over and over again, jumping, screaming, kissing, more jumping, laughing, and more crying!