Wednesday, October 26

A beautiful whirlwind

The last week has been nothing but a whirlwind. The most awesome, blessed whirlwind. I still don't think the "engagement reality" has truly sunk in. Jake and I keep saying "we're getting married...to each other." It's so different in my mind now as a reality as opposed to something I've been dreaming about since I could dream. I find myself staring at my ring, or messing with it because I'm not used to it yet, or thinking that I need to take it off because I forget that I am in fact getting married!

If you don't know me, let me tell you that I LOVE weddings. I love all things wedding. Really. My dream job is to be a self employed wedding planner. So now that I get to plan my own wedding, it's so surreal. So there is the engagement daze, the wedding planning but most importantly...the marriage.

I can't wait to marry Jake. I cannot wait to come home to him every day. I can't wait to share an address with him, a name with him and a life with him. Even seeing how much time, energy, thought and love he put into the engagement just blew me away. He continually shows me how incredible he is. I still can't believe I get to marry him. It's just so cool.

He's going to be an awesome husband. I cannot wait to share in the wedding planning stage with him and to see our families, friends and love come together to celebrate something that is right in the world.

But for now, back to laundry, trying to find a date, and getting excited for my 25th birthday! Woah! Engagement and birthday in one week. It's going to be a good 25th year of life.

PS - Engagement story coming soon.

No comments: