Thursday, September 1

A dream is a wish your heart makes

The other day as I was just sitting and thinking, which I do a lot, the thought of dreams came into my head. Not the dreams that you have when you're asleep, the kind of dreams you have as a child. Dreams of going to Disney World, dreams of ice cream, dreams of being a princess...

Err, ok maybe not exactly like that. More like the dreams that you have for your life. Like for me...I have always dreamt of the day when I can be a wife and a mother. I've dreamed of becoming a teacher. I've dreamed of spending my life helping others through my passion of baking and coffee. Now, as of late, none of those dreams have yet to officially become true, but that doesn't mean that they won't.

I started thinking about how we develop dreams like those. We don't often just wake up one day and say, "Oh, this sounds like a good idea, maybe I'll have the dream of doing that." Ok, maybe some people do, but that's not how mine came about. My dreams came from back before I even realized they were dreams. When I was a child, I played "house" often. I was a wife and a mom, played with my baby dolls. Some days I would play "teacher" where I would make out my class list, naming each child my favorite names. I'd come up with seating charts, homework assignments, classroom scenarios, and the list goes on and on.

I played those things and have those dreams because of something deeply rooted inside me. Something that I didn't put there. My dreams are a gift from God. They're given to each one of us with a desire to contribute those dreams to the world.

I used to be somewhat fearful that my dreams were just my selfish desires coming out of the things that I wanted out of this world. But, I soon came to realize that those dreams were created in me for a purpose and that in the right time, they would come to surface for the furthering of the Kingdom.

Stay tuned...

"Humble yourself under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." ~1 Peter 5:6-7


1 comment:

kristyn ellen said...

I'm going to try to say this and it might not come out right - but I know you'll understand what I mean. When I read your writing, it sounds like I am talking in my head. You know? Only proving that we are still so much alike, even miles apart.

Oh, and you so know I dream about going to Disney World, eating ice cream and being a princess. Always.