Wednesday, September 14

It's a beautiful morning

I'm not a morning person. Let me put a side note with that...I love morning time. I love sitting enjoying my morning. I don't like getting up. It take me a solid 10-20 minutes before I'm enjoyable. However, once I'm awake, I'm up and usually thoroughly enjoy my morning time.
I think one of the things I miss most about being a student (aka not having to be at work by 8 a.m.) is drinking my coffee out of a coffee cup...not a travel mug. Reading and taking in the morning. Preparing myself for the day. Now, I'm lucky if I get to eat cereal out of a bowl, and even more lucky if I can sit down and do some devo time in before I go to work. I am working on it though...slowly.

One of my favorite things about the morning time is the hope that comes with a new day. The anticipation that comes with the sunrise. It's a new day. Anything is possible. That may scare some people, but I try to embrace it. It's what drives me in the morning time. You just never know what your day is going to hold. I find some exhilaration in that.

The other morning, as I was driving to work, I was graced with an absolutely beautiful sunrise. It's in those small moments, that I can feel God breathing down and saying "Yes, I am here. I will take care of it all today." Now, I don't always embrace His promise. But this particular morning, it was needed and I did. I love how God can create beauty in something so everyday as a sunrise.





No comments: