Friday, August 26

A moment of honesty

A moment of real honesty. There are someday when I have some major issues with anxiety. Due to some other medical reasons, this is something that I have been struggling with for awhile. I didn't really realize it until over this past year, but its been something very new and a challenge that I've been learning to cope with. I also believe that there is great freedom in being transparent, hence why I'm sharing all of this today. But, I know there are lots and lots of other people who struggle with anxiety and its not fun.

This isn't supposed to be about anxiety, but about something that I've learned through it. One of the biggest lessons I've learned and continue to learn day in and day out is how to trust. How to trust myself and not doubt when my anxiety rears its ugly head. How to trust Jake and what he says, and to lean on him when I'm struggling. But most importantly, I've had to learn and relearn how to trust God and trust him fully. Trust that He loves me, trust that He will provide, trust that His heart is good.

Today I received a text message with this verse:

"Don't be anxious about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for all He has done. Then you will experience God's peace. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Jesus Christ."

It was such a beautiful remind of God telling me directly...Shana, don't be anxious. I've got it under control. Just trust me.

So, that is what I have been trying hard to do today. Trust, trust, trust.

But sometimes anxiety makes me eat the candy on my desk. So this is what my desk has looked like today.



Happy Weekend, all!

No comments: