Thursday, June 30

Winnie the Pup

Originally, I had planned to blog on Sunday about the fact that we got our puppy! However, this little 8 lbs bundle of fuzzy joy has been requiring a little more of my time than I had previously anticipated. So it is now Thursday and I am just getting around to blogging about Miss Winnie.

This is Winnie. She is a 7 week old, blondish/redish Goldendoodle. We got her from a breeder about five miles from Jake's house. In case you aren't aware of what a Goldendoodle is...she is half Golden Retriever and half Standard Poodle. In other words, she's going to be fairly big and curly. However, the beauty of this breed of dog is that they don't shed! Which was my only requirement. No fur. I'm too narcotic to have dog hair all around. 

So far, she has been an absolutely awesome puppy. Yes, she has an accident every now and then but we've learned its most likely because we stop watching her every moment she's out of her crate. I've learned so much more about puppies in the past 6 days. I forget what Jake and I used to talk about before the Winster came around. Yes, less than a week and I've already given her a nickname.

 For those of you who know me, know that I am not a dog person. I have never really had a desire to have a dog. When I turned 15 my parents got a new puppy on my birthday. I was not a happy camper. Oh, and she's a pug and she sheds everywhere. I didn't want another dog. And my grandparents had a dog growing up that I was deathly afraid of.

With these experiences, needless to say, I wasn't too thrilled with dogs.

However, Jake has always wanted a dog of his own. So, after a year or so, we found a compromise. A Goldendoodle; the ability to play Frisbee and doesn't shed. Perfection. And we found Winnie.



 We picked the name Winnie because she looks like a teddy bear, which of course reminded me of Winnie the Pooh. Hence, the name Winnie.

Despite all my poor experiences with dogs, I am absolutely lovin' having this puppy in my life. There is nothing like it.

No comments: