Tuesday, April 2

lately -- i'm back!

Well hello there! Please excuse my two week hideous; it's been a busy few weeks -- plus I was in Florida for eight of those days, which was awesome. So let me catch you up.


The hubs and I took off a little over a week ago, to head to Florida to visit with some of my family and soak in some sunshine. We spend the days enjoying the sun, the men went golfing and the ladies sat by the pool. We ate yummy grandma food, played cards and enjoyed being together. We also spent three days in Disney territory, which is one of my most favorite places to go.


We spent lots of time walking down Main Street, jumping from ride to ride and enjoying being at the most magical place on earth. Really, I'm a child at heart. And the sunshine was so welcome after a long, cold winter. I even got a little burned, but I tried not to complain because at least I got to wear shorts.


It was hard to come back to the cold mid-west, but we had a nice surprise waiting for us when we got home. My cousin's sweet baby girl was born while we were in Florida. She came two weeks early and was just 5 lbs 5 oz, but she is healthy and beautiful. She is the first great-grand baby in our family and I'm pretty sure she is going to be spoiled with lots of hugs and kisses. She is so tiny and so sweet. We spent most of Easter weekend ogling over every little facial expression and noise she made. She will not be lacking of someone to hold her, that's for sure!


But now that vacation and the Easter holiday is behind us. We're getting back into our daily routine and I will be posting more regularly again. And be watching for my upcoming book review of my favorite author's new book Bread & Wine. Loved this book -- it's chuck full of life lessons and awesome recipes. Be sure to check it out. But for now, thanks for checking back in.

Until next time...

No comments: