Tuesday, November 29

Lately, still thankful

It's been a while. I've been busy with Thanksgiving festivities that I haven't spent much time writing. So this is what's been going on lately.

I had Wednesday off from work, so I got to spend it doing things I don't normally get to do. Like sit and drink tea and read on the couch in my pj's. 


And I got to hang out with this sleepy puppy.


We then headed to Illinois for holiday gatherings. Thanksgiving day was spent at my grandmother's house, which is actually a first. Usually, that family gets together after the day, but this year we all made it to grandma's for turkey. It was so wonderful to have everyone together for the day. We caught up, we laughed, we stuffed our bellies more than once. We played cards, we talked weddings, job changes, moving, school. It was wonderful. Sitting by the fireplace, chatting, and sipping wine with my favorite people is the kind of day that warms the soul.

We also got the chance to see the rough draft of our family cookbook. I'll tell you more about it soon, but I will say that it is going to be awesome. I cannot wait to see the finished product.

The next couple days were spent lounging, enjoying doing a whole lot of nothing with my family. We went to a movie, laughed til coffee came out of our noses at Starbucks, celebrated Dad's birthday, and enjoyed being together.

Saturday, Jake and I jumped in the car and headed northeast to see Jake's family. It was very much the same thing. Fun, laughter, relaxing, food, and great people.

I am so thankful that Jake and I are so blessed with two families that are so dear to our hearts and who we cannot get enough of. It's truly something to be thankful for.

Even though Thanksgiving is over and the Christmas music has been turned on. It is still necessary to remember to be thankful. Thanksgiving isn't reserved for November and December, but throughout the whole year. For it is when we are thankful, that we really realize how blessed we are.

No comments: