Tuesday, November 15

Can it be Friday, yet?

I am going to be perfectly honest. It's only Tuesday but I really wish that it was Friday. I'm tired and ready for another weekend. This past weekend, I was down in good ole' Nashville celebrating the upcoming wedding of a dear friend.



This is Ashley. I met her during grad school. She was the quiet girl from Nashville who quickly became my survival method for grad school. Although we only spent that year together, we managed to form a friendship that is meaningful to us both.

We had a great time celebrating her last few weeks as a single gal, before she marries her prince, Mr. Charlie. I am so excited for them both. Ashley deserves nothing less than being treated with the utmost love and respect. And I know that Charlie we do all that he can for her.

But this weekend, reminded me of how I have quickly become an what I claim as an "old soul." I consider myself a night owl, but I am just not as quick to rebound after only 3.5 hours of sleep and a 6 hour drive to and from Nashville. Hence, why I am so tired this week.

Anymore, my idea of a great weekend involves conversation, good food, good wine, and good friends. I'm amazed at how my idea of a great weekend has changed. And honestly, I'm grateful for that.

I'm also amazed that Thanksgiving is next week! Where did November go? It just seems to be flying right by. There are already Christmas decorations up and I heard Christmas music the whole time I was at Starbucks today. I love Christmas, more than any holiday, but I am one of those that believes Christmas shouldn't start until the Friday after Thanksgiving. Let's not forget that there is still an important day to be celebrated.

I cannot wait until next week when I am back at the farm, celebrating all that we have with a family that I am so thankful for. And maybe eating some pumpkin pie...

2 comments:

stephanie said...

first time stopping by your blog! you are adorable. and i wish EVERYDAY was friday! HELLO! ; ) xo

Sha said...

Stephanie- Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I've jumped over to your page and I love seeing all your pictures! Happy almost Friday!