Thursday, July 28

Chickens, Contentment, and Chocolate

Let's just say last week, this week and next week are more stuffed than the turkey on Thanksgiving Day! There is a whole lot going on in a short amount of time.
  • One trip to Illinois
  • Work Conference in Nashville (where I didn't have enough time to see my friends...sad)
  • Boyfriends moving
  • Working extra days
  • Painting and packing
  • Moving
  • 2 Family Reunions (which I may or may not get to attend)
  • Painting and Unpacking
  • Plus work, puppy and sleep
Ok, I didn't make that to make it seem like I was busier than everyone else. I just really like making lists! But, last week I had absolutely wonderful time at the fair with my family.  Here is a brief recap of a few of the things I experience...









Today as I was reading, I came across this verse:

I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
~Philippians 4:11-13

It was such a beautiful reminder to be content in all situations. Life can be very full, or it can be very different than you imagined. Or it can be exactly as you planned. Whatever the situation, be content and be thankful. God will always supply what ever you need...He will provide enough.

I am feeling just so blessed right now. I have all that I need and I am feeling very content. Life is good. God is good. My heart smiles.

PS- There is nothing to do with chocolate in this post, so if that's why you read it. I'm sorry.

1 comment:

kristyn ellen said...

Good luck with everything coming your way! You'll find the energy, somewhere - somehow, you will. I'll be thinking of you. Thanks for the verse, it is an important reminder for me!

And also thank you for the piggy photo. LOVE THEM.