Thursday, July 14

Home Sweet Home

In the past six years, I've lived at six different addresses. For the first 18 years of my life, I lived at the same address. So moving every year has been a big adjustment for me. And in two weeks, I will yet again be changing my address.

I have found that each place I've lived has its own personality. Each with a character of its own and once you move your things and people into each place they become alive. I've learned to purge and pack. Stuff and load. Unpack and organize. Clean and settle. I feel as if I've mastered packing and moving.

Mom and I in my current kitchen
Although I'm not looking forward to all the work that comes with moving, there is something exciting about making space your own. I can't wait to add my personal touch to make my new house cozy and Shanesque. With all that said, I cannot wait for the day when I can find a house of my own. A place where I can come home each day, park my car in the garage, have a yard for Winnie to run around in, have dinner with my family, do home improvement tasks on the weekends, and have lots of friends come to visit. What I guess I'm saying is I'm excited for the day when I can make a home.

Although, that is not where I'm at currently in my life journey, I can look forward to that time. But, for now I have to continue to learn how to be content and I have come to understand the phrase "home is where your heart is". I may not have a home of my own, but home, I have found, is who I'm with. It's the people that make a home, than the structure.

I grew up in a great house on a great street, but it was the people in it that made it home. And someday it will be the people who live there that make my home.

And now some pictures of Winnie...

When she was wittle.
Sweet moments.


Home.

1 comment:

kristyn ellen said...

Eventually you'll be done with moving, move into a house... and then in two years you'll be thinking to yourself, "I feel like things should be changing." Haha, it was hard for me to get used to NOT moving, if you can believe that.

Oooh Winnie... I spent a lot of time on the floor in front of Finn like you are in front of her in that photo. SO CUTE.