Tuesday, August 2

Purple Rain

I never meant to cause you any sorrow
I never meant to cause you any pain
I only wanted one time to see you laughing
I only wanted to see you laughing in the purple rain.

Ok, so I'm not really singing the Prince song Purple Rain.  Purple Rain is actually the color of my new bedroom. 

I feel like I've been a painting fool this past week and I'm not even half way done! I am in the process of painting my new home...the bedroom, the living room, the dining room...lots of paint. If you've ever been to a home improvement store you know that the color selection is beyond overwhelming. 

But for me, when if comes to color I am pretty predictable. I have two favorite colors. Purple and White. And these are the two color I've selected for a good majority of my new place. No, I'm not painting the whole house purple, but it will be around. 

As I was picking out paint, it got me wondering about what draws us to certain colors. Why are some people draw to this color or that color. Why do I love white so much? So I looked up the meaning of colors.

Purple: It's associated with royalty, wisdom, dignity, independence, creativity, mystery, and magic. It symbolizes power, nobility, luxury, and ambition. 

White:  It is associated with light, goodness, innocence, purity, and virginity. It is considered to be the color of perfection. (and we all know I'm a bit of a perfectionist).

There is something simple about white. Something simple that reminds me of simple things. I don't need a lot of variety of colors or bright and bold colors, just something that is beautiful.

For me, there is great beauty and serenity in those colors and I love being surrounded by them. I can't wait til it's all finished and I can sit and enjoy the hard work. Makes me excited just thinking about it. Therefore, I should probably get back to work!

Oh, but in honor of the big win last night...Go JP!




1 comment:

kristyn ellen said...

LOVE that Prince was involved in this post.
I love him. That is not a joke.

Happy painting! I would volunteer Mike to help, but that's quite a long drive. :)