Tuesday, July 12

Guilty Pleasure

My guilty pleasure in life is...dah dah dah


Let me start by saying: Yes, I know its a reality TV show. Yes, I realize most of the couples are not together now. Yes, I realize that the ABC producers do a wonderful job at editing.

Now with that out of the way, I can't help it, but I do love the show. I've been an avid fan since Season 1 when Alex Michel broke Trista's heart and picked Amanda Marsh to receive the final rose.

But, I was really ok with that because Trista came back the next season for The Bachelorette and introduced the world to Ryan Sutter. They are the one couple who has manged to live the reality show fairy tale. They're still married and have two kids. Plus, they're just beautiful people.


Seriously, how adorable are they! I was a little bit obsessed with them. Confessions: I taped their entire wedding episodes and probably watched it multiple times. 

I've watched every season, minus one. I chose not to watch it because I wasn't a fan of the bachelor they selected. He shall go nameless. But other than that I've watched everything to when Bob cracked up everyone on the show, when DeAnna managed to make a presence in three seasons, when Jason picked Melissa then changed his mind, to Jake and Vienna's awful relationship, Ali sobbing over Jake, everyone falling in love with single mom Emily who lost the love of her life in a plane crash. To most recently, Bentley leaving Ashley to go "be with his daughter."

Yes, it is just a TV show, but its not to far off from every girls dreams to fly around the world and live a life of being wooed and multiple men trying to sweep her off her feet every time they see her. Although, as I'm maturing and seeing the show for what it is. I tend to be a bit turned off by the fact that one person is in a significant relationship with multiple people, and the other is fully aware of it. Let's be honest...that's not normal and may even be classified as cheating. But who am I to judge, right?!? I still enjoy watching. Like I said...guilty pleasure.

If today I was given the chance to be on the show, I would have to turn it down because I already live in reality. And I'm already am in love...with just one man.



For my momma:


He will cover you with his feathers, 
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
~Psalm 91:4

No comments: