Tuesday, May 7

what i'm reading (or not)


Confession: I started reading Pride & Prejudice, because I had never done so, and I made it a couple chapters into the book and I just can't get into it. I feel like I'm spitting in the face of classic literature because I just am having such a hard time staying engaged. I really want to like it, but am not sure if I'm willing to continue reading just for the sake of saying I read it.

Agh, I feel better...sort of. I still feel bad. I feel like I should just dive right into it and be engaged, interested and excited to read the next page. I tried, but I'm just not that interested. I've read many books that I can't wait until the next time I read, but I'm not finding that with this one. Oh well, guess I'm just not as into the classics as I thought.

So I back to square one, trying to figure out what to read next. I'm currently book-less, which is rare. I usually have more than one book I'm reading at a time, but now I find myself without a book of interest. I recently finished Carry On, Warrior: Thoughts on Life Unarmed by Glennon Melton. I loved this book! I found myself laughing out loud on multiple occasions. While many of the topics are related to difficult topics, the way she delivers them are just funny. She is the writer of the blog Momastery, which is primarily related to parenting, but regardless of your life stage, it's a great read.

Now this is where you come in-- I'm looking for my next read (or two) so any recommendations of books you've recently finished would be greatly appreciated. So please share!

Until next time...

No comments: