Wednesday, November 28

Bittersweet

Someone very wise once told me that with every "yes' there is a corresponding "no." Today, my yes is moving on to a new adventure with my new husband. And no is leaving my first big kid job after two years and saying good bye to a town that has been home to me for the past seven years.

I'm not good at good byes. To be honest, I don't think anyone really is. We were not meant to be able to say good bye well. This is my day today. Cleaning out my office. Packing up the life I've built for the past two years at the university. It's harder than I thought it'd be. There were times when I wanted to just up and quit. I was frustrated and didn't feel like what I was doing was important. In those times, I couldn't want anything more than to pack up my office and be done. As I look back on the past two years, I can see how much I have learned and grown as I've become a young working professional. I have met some really great people and I am really going to miss them.

I've been around this town for seven year now. I can't even believe that. So it's a bit bittersweet to not be coming back here tomorrow. It's been good to me and I've have lots of wonderful memories. But this is what Jake and I have been waiting for and we are so excited for a whole new start as newlyweds. So here is to knowing where you've been but not letting it hold you back from where you are going.

My sad little empty office...

 
And our chaotic house...
 


But on another note, we're leaving for Vegas tomorrow!

No comments: