Tuesday, February 28

A case of the randoms


Today actually feels like Monday to me. I started this morning with a good amount of energy. I'm now to the point where I am a little tired and a little restless. Hence, the feelings of Monday.

Last week, I gave up wedding planning for the week. Not because its bad or wrong, but because I needed to take some time to step back from the weddingness in my life and put my attention into other areas. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. I was also busy which always helps as a distraction. But I'm back to wedding planning this week (at least in my head).

I also have a goal this week of putting off going to the grocery store as long as possible. I have a tendency to buys lots of things with good intentions of trying that new recipe or making a certain type of meal. However, if you often look in my fridge and pantry you will find lots of random ingredients from those recipies that I didn't end up making and I probably ended up eating cereal instead (still yummy).

So I'm trying to use those ingredients this week to see what I can come up with. Last night, I made a rice, bean, vegetable combination in attempts to make something I had at this place the weekend before. It wasn't quite the same but it still ended up pretty good and, as Jake put it, "its on the make again list."

And for those of you facing many challenges and life changing experiences this week, remember to stay focused on the big picture. Take time to decompress and experience whatever it is you are feeling. But most importantly: have faith.

No comments: