Tuesday, January 3

Welcome to 2012...a bit late

So maybe I am a few days late and maybe I have been a slightly bit absent for, oh, almost two weeks. However, I have managed to have five Christmas celebrations, one New Years Eve, three days of packing and moving, one week off from work and two weeks of crazy, greatness.

A lot has last happened since my previous blog. We celebrated five great Christmas' this year. We managed to have at least one meal with each family in two states over five days. I so wish we could have spent five days with each of them, but we will take what we can get. So many calories were consumed, presents opened, and laughs were shared. I will give you a full photo recap soon, I promise. But to give you a sneak peak...one side of my family has gone from this...


To this...


In just a few short years. (Thanks for the pictures, Laura!) There is never a dull moment when you get all of us in a room together for any amount of time. It's time that is so deeply treasured and something I always look forward to.

But as 2011 is now a time in the past, a new year approaches. This will be a big year. A year where there will be two weddings in my family. A year that will change my original family structure into something new, different, and exciting. It is a year of weddings and you know how much I love weddings. So, I am exciting for all that this year brings with it. There will be some adjusting and life changing moments, but also lots of love and joy shared.

My heart is hopeful for what is to come in 2012. I can't believe Jake and I will be husband and wife in just under eight months!

I am also not one to make new years resolutions. I never have and probably never really will. However, this year I have some changes in my life that I think should be in place. See...no resolutions.

It is time to get back on the healthy/exercise track. I've taken a vacation from it for awhile, but I am starting to notice some of the unwelcome guests it brings with it. And with two weddings coming up...it's time to get myself back in shape. Not just back in shape, to readopt my healthy lifestyle. I'm going to need some serious motivation and anyone who wants to join me, I will gladly accept the company. (Jake has even mentioned starting P90X again...eek). But I've also thought that maybe it's time to give up pop and drink more water and I want to try to make a new recipe every week. I need to broaden my recipes since I will soon be a wife.

So that is what I have planned for this year. Think I can manage it? We shall see.

2 comments:

kristyn ellen said...

That is a lot of multiplying in your family!

You can manage it, all of it. You will be a wonderful wife, if Jake ever gets tired of you he can send you down here to me. :)

laura said...

Your welcome for the photo! i love that you posted a before and after! ps Jon and I are thinking of starting P90x - we should start at the same time and keep tabs over the interwebs. :)