Tuesday, January 10

Resolution Update

Here is a new update on life. I am now working new hours...9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. I'm am no longer an 8 - 5'er. I have mixed emotions about it still. At first I was kind of...whats the word...upset, about the whole things, but I have decided to change my attitude and see it as a luxury. I'm working on it.

However, one of the perks of this new change is that I can now work out before work and not have to get up before 7 a.m. to do so! Yay! I now have no excuse not to work out expect for sheer laziness, which is usually the reason I don't.

Today I tried a new work out:


It wasn't bad at all. Actually, I probably should have worked a little harder. But after the second wall sit my legs were burning so I feel good about that. I'm still trying to find a routine/workout that I can enjoy or survive through. Still taking suggestions...

I also managed to stay true to my other new year goal: making a new recipe each week. Last night I made Cilantro Lime Rice to go along side our salads. Yum! Also, still trying to adjust to eating healthy again. I really must have let myself go! But the rice was delicious and so easy. I will be making it again. This is the recipe that I used. I think it would go great with a chicken fajita and some beans.

Small victories...but at least they are victories!

I'll keep you upated on my work schedule adjustment. It's all about attitude right?!?

No comments: