Friday, May 27

Not sure how I got here

If you would have told me about 7 or 8 years ago that when I was 24 this is where I would be in my life, I would have laughed in your face and told you that you were, in fact, crazy. Believe me when I say this, nothing in my life is even remotely close to what I thought I would be doing, especially that fact that I would be living in central Indiana. (I mean no disrespect in that, but where I'm from its not uncommon to hear a snicker when someone mentions being a Hoosier.)

As I was jamming along to my country radio station the on my way home from work, the new Darius Rucker song called "This" came on. It occurred to me how much of my life resonated with what he was saying.

I don't really know how I got here
But I'm sure glad that I did
And it's crazy to think that one little thing
Could've changed all of it

Believe me, I have no idea how I got to be where I am in my life, but I truly am glad that I did. God reminded me this week how so blessed I am with loving, caring people who surround me in my life. And if my life had gone as I'd planned I would have never met most of them.








  
 Thankfully, I have these people in my life and that I've made the mistakes I have that have led me to where I am now. If there is one thing that I have learned it is to "never say never." Every time I do that, I end up doing exactly what I said I wouldn't do. But I'm just so glad that God's plan is far more intricate than anything I could have ever come up with and that He is faithful to provide what it is that He has for me.

Despite all the struggles, and challenges that come across the path during this life, it worth it because it's led me here to all this.

No comments: