Tuesday, May 17

Just a mere Tuesday

It's a mere Tuesday evening. I honestly feel like it should be, at least, Thursday. I feel as this week has already had so much happen. And it's Tuesday.

It was a sit in my comfy clothes, watch a movie kind of night. So that's exactly what I did. Plus, we got new iPads for work so I just had to sit and try it out for a while. Bummer, right?!? Before I had ever see one, I said that iPads were pointless and were a waste of money. Honestly, it's pretty cool. So I take back my statement. I'd take one....just sayin'.

Back to the movie thought. I like to go to Blockbuster and buy movies when they are selling them 3 or 4 for $20. I feel less guilty about spending $20 bucks on 4 movies I will get to keep.

Last time, I purchased The Back Up Plan. I thought it would be a mindless chick flick and it pretty much was. However, there still managed to be a subtle message for me to hear, lingering at the crux of the plot.

It involves trust. You see, this is something I've been faced head on with recently. The concept of trust. In case you don't know me, I am a wee bit of a control freak...just a little bit though. I've always been pretty independent, which doesn't require a lot of trust because I pretty much did things on my own.


But, I've had to learn a new way. I'm learning, err trying to learn, how to let go and trust. This stems all the way from God to the people I help at work. Trust is a big deal and I think I've missed that for a while. So even in the simple things in life, such as a J LO chick flick, God can use it. You never know where He'll show up. Who knew my simple Blockbuster buy would provide so much insight.

"The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."  ~ Exodus 14:14

No comments: