Tuesday, July 24

lately, again

Apparently, I went completely MIA for about two weeks. Sorry about that...but I can show you what I've been up to.












 



1. My new DIY studio (aka my garage)
2. Road trip to the future in laws
3. Date night with the future hubs
4. Our new (to us) kitchen table
5. Back to Illinois
6. Got to hang out with this week girl for 5 days
7. I did this. Yep. Pretty proud of myself. 
8. Baby cow at the fair
9. Draft horse heaven
10. Draft horse heave part two
11. Gentle giant

The past two weeks have been packed full of events and it seemed to just fly by! With the wedding quickly approaching, I am finding that the days are slipping away so quickly, hence my lack of blog posts. I am also finding that the busier I am becoming the less my thoughts are flowing which also contributes to the lack of blog material. Hopefully I can conjure up a few more posts before the big day.

But I did manage to take sometime and venture back home to Illinois to the good ole' county fair. If you don't already know, it's probably my favorite time of the year, read this. This year I was reminded so much of how many good people there really are in our world. So often we're bombarded with bad news, but being back in the small town, county life style, life was slower and gentler. It was good to be in an environment where people have such passion for things such as family, 4-H, agriculture and a lot of the basic foundations of what our lives are built on. I think that's while my heart often aches for the simplicity of small town life. There is a certain type of wholeness and goodness that exists there. I'm so thankful I got to experience it again this year.

No comments: