Monday, January 7

resolutions

There is lots of talk these days of resolutions. Exercising, eating healthy, spending less money, getting organized. So many changes we want to make in ourselves in the fresh start of a new year. Truth be told, I am not much of a resolutions person. I figure if there is something that I want to change in my life that I should do it when it is necessary, especially since the new year only comes once a year. So I don't have any great new exciting resolutions to share with you. In fact, it's quite the opposite, I feel.

The past year has been a great one, no doubt. Yet, it has also been a bit exhausting. A whole lot happened in a matter of just 365 days. So many weekends traveled, friends and family visited, boxes packed and unpacked, and wedding activities galore. It was wonderful and I truly loved each and every moment that came with it. But now, I am ready for some rest. Days with nothing planned, evenings at home with my hubs, weekends where I don't have to get out of my pj's if I don't want to. This year I want to spend it being a twenty-something wife. That's it. That's all there is to it.

I am still in the process of finding a new job, but the search is  going very well. Two interviews in! However, I am a bit hesitant to jump back in to work just yet. As much as I enjoying having a career, the past few weeks have been so welcomed. Now, thankfully I have a husband who works very hard and is able to provide for us while I am in the job hunt, or this story might be a bit more panicked. Yet, there have been many days where I can simply rest and do those normal things that I enjoy. I have loved getting our new home set up and feelin' like us. Of course, it's not finished yet, but it's definitely getting there. I am finding new recipes and making yummy dinners. I've even started my second book and second puzzle. (Come to find out, I love puzzles)

So as this new year begins, I look forward to a year of just plain ole' married life. 

first Christmas as mr & mrs


No comments: