Friday, January 18

friday finds

Happy Friday! There isn't a whole lot going on in the Bend today (minus the Te'o girlfriend hoax). A little reading, yoga, cuddles with the pup...not too shabby. One of my most recent reading finds is this book. I am loving it. It's a really easy read and I am just zipping through it. As a new wife and homemaker, I am constantly searching for idea, tips, and musings to help me find my niche in taking care of my home. Growing up, I helped out at home with dishes, laundry and general cleaning, but for some reason now that I have my own home to take care of I have taken a special interest in different ways to do so. (This could also be because I have extra time on my hands since I'm not working. I'm sure my desire will change once I'm back to the eight to five grind.)

What I am loving so much about this book is the ideas are simple and have been around for some time. And to be honest, I've probably heard my mother and grandmother share some of these tid bits with me but it wasn't something top of mind at that stage of life. I haven't come up with any new cleaning methods or products, but I am getting a lot of satisfaction out of using household items versus harsh store bought chemicals.

And if there is one thing that I have learned so far it's that vinegar and baking soda can basically solve all of your problems. Seriously, it seems as though those two ingredients hold so much power and they easy and cheap!


So today, I am attempting to get the moldy smell out of my bath towels and also cleaning the inside of the dishwasher. And I'm accomplishing both with just those two miracle products. I'll let you know how both ventures turn out. If you are a fan of a more old fashioned and simpler way of doing life, I'd suggest you check out this book, or maybe you could even borrow mine when my nose isn't stuck in it.

And just because I think she's cute...here is Winnie's rendition of a downward dog.


1 comment: