Friday, August 17

overwhelmed

That is the word that I would use to describe myself these days. Overwhelmed with last minute details. Overwhelmed with packing and moving. Overwhelmed with decisions. But the best is being overwhelmed with blessings. As there is so much going on these days, the one thing that helps me stay grounded  is the unbelievable love and joy that I am experiencing.

Saturday was my final bridal shower -- a bridal tea actually. My grandmother, mother, aunts, cousins and bridesmaids worked so hard to put on such a wonderful day. We enjoyed tasty tea, with tea pots and tea cups, delicious treats and mini desserts, and lots of laughs and smiles. The day left me tired but so overwhelmed with love that I almost couldn't take it all in.

Sunday was spent again with my mom, aunt and cousin, making the wedding flowers. I had no idea what I was getting myself into when we started but they turned out gorgeous. I am so thrilled. We quickly celebrated my baby brothers 17th birthday and then I headed back to Indiana.

The drive home I just basked in just how truly blessed I am. The people that I have in my life are truly some of the most generous and loving people I know. I can't imagine life any other way and I am so thankful for each and everyone of them. To see people come together is what life is about, to celebrate in one another.

The wedding is almost here and I'm sure it'll be nothing short of overwhelming these last two weeks but it's the people that make each step worth it.
















No comments: