Wednesday, June 27

celebrate

If you've turned on the news lately or read the recent headlines, it's nothing but depressing. There are such negative things going on in teh world around us; violence, fires, floods, money troubles. It breaks my heart. I can easily get brought down by the weight of the world. I quickly can get wrapped up in what is going on around me and can sometimes be consumed with depressing news articles. There's not a lot of joy in that.

Coming home after a absoluetly, wonderful week of celebrating the marriage of my brother and his beautiful bride, the last thing I want is for my joy to be stolen. Sometimes I just want to close my eyes and pretend all that stuff isn't going on and live in the world of wedding celebrations, good friends, time with family and enjoying this beautiful season.

So maybe that's just what I will do. Continue living in the joy of this life because we're only given a short amount of time on earth and what fun is it to live in the negatives that surround us. Let's celebrate each day, whether there is a wedding, a baby, a new job or just another day. Let's us rejoice and say thank you for another day and share the good that is going on in the world.

I'm so thankful that my hope is found in something other than the world. That I have a reason to be joyful and have a future full of hope.



No comments: