Monday, February 28

When it's too much

There are some days, when it all just seems like too much. I can get overwhelmed fairly easily.

Today has been one of those days.

Even the ordinary can be too much. It's those days that I forget that I can't do it alone. I like to think that I am completely capable. But sometimes, I just don't have it in me. And those are the days that I only survive when I have to call on the Lord and pray for strength.

Now, this is something I should do everyday. Learning to submit. Learning to be faithful. Learning to rely on God. I fail at this a lot. I'm used to doing it on my own. I've always been really independent, to a fault. So calling for help is not something I'm good at or something that I like to do. But God continues to strip more and more away and I can do nothing more but call on Him.

You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.
~ Hebrews 10:3 


Persevere. That is what the Bible says. Persevere. So, this is what I'm called to do. When it gets to be too much, call on God and persevere. He'll provide, even when I don't realize it.

No comments: