Friday, April 29

A good book

Ok, my two week post-vacation hiatus is over. There was a lot to catch up on for those couple weeks. But I am back and ready to go...

Now that I am not longer in college I have grown rather fond of books. They no longer represent a responsibility, but a joy. There is something about a good book that is just so refreshing. I never thought of myself as much of a reader, growing up or in college, but now as I continue to develop my writing I seem to enjoy good literature just that much more.

One problem I do have when I read is starting too many books at one time. Most likely I am reading 3 different books at a time. Yet, I think that is somewhat representative of my life at this point. I am usually not focused on one specific thing, but multiple. I may have a slight case of ADD there, but oh well.

Anyway, with technology constantly bombarding my life and a job where I continuously stare at a computer screen, I really love opening a book, reading the words and flipping the pages. I get a lot of satisfaction out of seeing how much I've read, let alone the story itself. There is something wonderful about getting lost in the pages of a book and leaving everything else behind.

There truly is nothing better than a rainy day, a blanket, a cup of coffee and a great read. I want to share with you the three books currently grabbing my attention.








My mom recommended this one. I've heard good things from lots of people, so I am excited to get more into it!





If you've never read a Mitch Albom book, you're missing out. He also wrote Tuesdays With Morrie and The Five People You Meet in Heaven. I absolutely love his stories and the way he writes. They're an easy read and usually tug at the heart strings, but its definitely worth it!






One Thousand Gifts was recommended to me by a dear friend who knows my appreciation for good writing. I've just started this one, but so far its a challenging book that looks at the human relationship with God....my favorite kind!








Grab a new book and rip open the pages...enjoy the simplicity of a good story!

PS- I'm always open to new book suggestions...so please share

1 comment:

homeawaits said...

Yay! Glad you're enjoying One Thousand Gifts!